Sunday, December 4, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

zzzzzzzzzzzz........The buzzer goes off, it's 9'o' clock in the morning & am awoken by the rather unpleasant ring of my trusted alarm clock.
As the world of my room swims into my senses slowly, I am overtaken by a sense of loss, am being deprived of a basic human comfort, a feeling of disenchantment from the present state of affairs, a sense of being amputated from a well-nourished body.
A desperate urge to bury myself deep within the sheets takes over my fragile saturnine mind...job, responsibilities, boss, clients, team...to the devil with all of them. While I remain lying in a state of semi consciousness...a plane between stupor and awakening incredible visions race through my mind. A free exchange of conscious and unconscious thought, memories, reality, semi processed facts conjuring up a vivid, detailed, nonsensical flow of ideas. The movie plays on in the theatre of my saturnine psyche.........
I remained ensconced in the fantastic world with no hunger, no friction, no recession, no -isms, no AIDS, no commitments, no work schedules, no taxes, no bills, no anger, no politics.....I keep falling down Alice's Rabbit Hole...with no end in sight
And then the snooze alarms go off.......chasing away the phantoms of my imagination.....the Magic Show ends and am thrown upon the jagged shores of reality!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment